It’s finally here folks! Ford just unveiled the mid-model refresh for 2018 Mustangs. This refresh comes with a host of new options, new colors and ford ultimately deciding to drop the 3.7 V6 motor. The front end received an updated fascia, and the rear was changed up ever so slightly including a new spoiler.
Some options in store:
– Dropping 3.7 V6 motor, leaving the 2.3 ecoboost, and 5.0 coyote engines. Both engines are to receive small performance upgrades.
– The 5.0 coyote will be implementing Direct Injection along with Port injection for a healthy boost in power.
– The 2.3 ecoboost will be implementing an “overboost” function to help boost it’s torque even further.
– Although details are vague the MT-82 has been reworked as well, with a new shelby clutch and dual-mass flywheel.
– Ford has also implemented an all new 10 speed automatic that will be shared with the Chevrolet Camaro.
– From what has been seen the GT is coming standard with quad exhaust, with the performance pack featuring active-exhaust.
– Magneride suspension from the GT350 has also been added as an option.
– Front fascia has been reworked and has a much more angular design now. The hood has also been smoothed out, increasing visibility.
– Rear has also been reworked with a new spoiler being available.
– The interior has been shown some love as well.
– A brand new 12″ LCD screen touting Sync 3.
– A new heated steering wheel option.
– An all LCD HD instrument cluster as an option, but will probably stick with analog instruments for lower packages.
– Better leather material, and better bolstered knee panels.
– 12 total wheel packages are also available.